Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thing 11: LibraryThing

LibraryThing is pretty cool. It's very similar to other applications on facebook (Like Visual Bookshelf) where you share books you're reading with friends. I actually like the facebook application better because it's sent directly to all of my friends on something they read every day, rather than another tool they have to log into.

I checked out some of the groups including Harry Potter fans and Twilight fans. I also read some posts under the Librarians group. The most helpful post for me was the Book Nudgers group that gave great intros for book talks that really might get kids motivated to read certain books.

I would be interested to see a site like this that is geared toward students sharing books and their ratings with each other.

No comments: