Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thing 23

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I loved using Photostory. I think it is very easy to create vidcasts using this program. I also enjoyed working with Flickr. Google Docs is one of the most useful discoveries that I will use to save documents online from this point forward.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
This program has shown me how many resources are available on the Web 2.0 and that there is always something new to learn. I want to strive to continue to learn the newest technology to be up to date in the library field.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was surprised to learn a lot more about social networking. I thought I knew everything there was to know about Facebook, but I'm happy to know about Twitter and Nings as well.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I think it would be much less daunting to divide this 23 things exercise into smaller pieces. Just do five things here and five things there. That way, it doesn't seem so insurmountable.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
I would like to participate in something similar because I do feel that I learned a lot of valuable tools and information. However, I would like it to be served in smaller, more bite-sized pieces :)

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
23 things teaches valuable tools and resources for professionals in today's Library 2.0 world.

1 comment:

VWB said...

Congratulations! your journey may have been a bit overwhelming, but I know you have learned lots from reading your posts. hope you will keep sharing thru your blog.